Santa Cruz County
The County Emergency Medical Care Commission meets Monday, May 20 at 8:30 am at the HSA Large Auditorium, 1080 Emeline Avenue in Santa Cruz. Click HERE for the agenda. Agenda items include:
- Climate Action Plan Annual Progress Update Report
- Camp Ross update – Commissioners will discuss current situation at Camp Ross/Benchlands and impact on EMS response.
The County Board of Supervisors meets Tuesday, May 21 at 9 am at the Board of Supervisors Chambers, 701 Ocean St # 500A, in Santa Cruz. Click HERE for the agenda. Agenda items include:
9 am – Public Comment
- Approve plans and specifications (online and on file) for Felton Library Phase II Park Development project; direct General Services to advertise for bids, set bid opening for 3:00 PM on June 18, 2019, and direct staff to return on or before August 27, 2019, for recommendation of award; approve amendment to contract with BASE Landscape Architects in the amount of $15,000 for additional design services; adopt resolution accepting unanticipated revenue in the amount of , and take related actions, as recommended by the Director of General Services and the Director of Parks, Open Space and Cultural Services.
- Direct the County Administrative Office and County Counsel to review the U.S. Department of the Interior (DOI), Bureau of Land Management (BLM)’s proposal for oil and gas leasing and submit comments in strong opposition to opening new oil and gas leasing on public lands on the Central Coast, and direct the Chair of the Board to sign a letter of support for House of Representatives Bill (H.R.) 1941 to prohibit the DOI from oil and gas leasing in the Atlantic Outer Continental Shelf planning area and the Pacific Outer Continental Shelf planning area, as recommended by Supervisor Friend and Supervisor McPherson.
- Defer to August 6, 2019 the continued public hearing to consider a resolution amending the General Plan/Local Coastal Program and an ordinance amending County Code Chapter 13.10 (Local Coastal Program Implementing Ordinances) to create the Permanent Room Housing (PRH) Combining Zone District, with CEQA Notice of Exemption, as outlined in the memorandum of the Planning Director (continued from April 23, 2019)
- Schedule a public hearing on Tuesday, June 11, 2019, beginning at 9:00 AM or thereafter, to consider amendments to the General Plan/Local Coastal Program and County Code relating to Public Safety and Hazard Management, and take related actions, as recommended by the Planning Director.
- Authorize filing a protest on behalf of the Board of Supervisors of decisions in the Bureau of Land Management’s Proposed Resource Management Plan Amendment and Final Environmental Impact Statement for Oil and Gas Leasing and Development in the Central Coast Field Office, as recommended by the Planning Director.
- Consider ordinance repealing Chapters 7.89 and 7.114 of the Santa Cruz County Code and amending Chapter 5.60 related to the sale of tobacco products and the use of tobacco vending machines in the unincorporated area of Santa Cruz County, and schedule the ordinance for second reading and final adoption on June 11, 2019, as outlined in the memorandum of the Director of Health Services
- Consider ordinance amending Chapter 7.130 of the Santa Cruz County Code relating to cannabis dispensary siting criteria, and schedule the ordinance for second reading and final adoption on June 11, 2019, as outlined in the memorandum of the County Administrative Officer.
The County Commission on the Environment meets Wednesday, May 22 at 5 pm at the Planning Department Conference, Room 400, County Government Center, 701 Ocean Street in Santa Cruz. Click HERE for the agenda.
1st District Supervisor John Leopold Constituents Meeting is Wednesday, May at 5:30 pm at Discover Hope Church 4001 Granite Creek Road, in Scotts Valley.
The County IHSS Advisory Commission meets Friday, May 24 at 1 pm at Human Services Department, 1400 Emeline Ave, Building K, Room 206, in Santa Cruz. Click HERE for the agenda.
City of Santa Cruz
The SC City Transportation and Public Works Commission meets Monday, May 20 at 7 pm at City Council Chambers, 809 Center Street, in Santa Cruz. Click HERE for the agenda. Agenda items include:
- Source Water Commitment and Tertiary Treatment Facility – Agreement between the City of Santa Cruz and Soquel Creek Water District
The SC City Public Safety Committee meets Tuesday, May 21 at 10 am at Santa Cruz City Counci Chambers, 809 Center Street in Santa Cruz. Click HERE for the agenda.
The Santa Cruz City Downtown Commission meets Thursday, May 23 at 8:30 am at Santa Cruz City Council Chambers, 809 Center Street in Santa Cruz. Click HERE for the agenda. Agenda items include:
- Updates to Downtown Parking Resolution: Phase 2 – That the Downtown Commission recommend that the City Council adopt a resolution updating parking in lieu fees and related regulations in Parking District Number 1 and rescinding Resolution 29464.
City of Capitola
The Capitola City Council meets Thursday, May 23 at 7 pm at Capitola City Council Chambers, 420 Capitola Ave, in Capitola. Click HERE for the agenda.
The Pajaro Valley Water Management Agency Board meets Wednesday, May 22 at 7 pm at Watsonville City Council Chambers, 275 Main St, in Watsonville. Click HERE for the agenda. Agenda items include:
- Conduct Public Hearing on Preliminary Budget, Fiscal Year 2019-2020
The Soquel Creek Water District Board meets Tuesday, May 21 at 5 pm at Capitola City Council Chambers. Click HERE for the agenda. Agenda items include:
5 pm – Special Budget Workshop
- Discuss Budget Formulation and Review FY 2019/20 Draft Budget Projections
- Recap Changes to Draft Budget for Board Consideration at the June 4, 2019 Board Meeting.
7 pm – Regular Meeting
- Authorize Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for Progressive Design Build (PDB) Services for the Conveyance Project of the Pure Water Soquel Program and Authorize General Manager to Appoint a Review and Selection Committee to Evaluate and Rank Respondents.
The Santa Margarita Groundwater Agency Board meets Thursday, May 23 at 7 pm at the Santa Margarita Community Room, Scotts Valley Water District, 2 Civic Center Drive, in Scotts Valley. Click HERE for the agenda. Agenda items include:
- FY 2020 Proposed Budget
Groundwater Sustainability Plan (GSP) Progress Update