Santa Cruz County
The County Operational Plan Open House is Monday, April 22 at 4 pm at the Civic Plaza Community Room, 275 Main Street, in Watsonville. Click HERE for information.
The County Planning Commission meets Wednesday, April 24 at 9 am at Board of Supervisors Chambers, 701 Ocean St # 500A in Santa Cruz. Click HERE for the agenda. Agenda items include:
- 2606 Paul Minnie Ave., Santa Cruz – Commercial Development Permit, and acceptance of a Notice of Exemption from further environmental review under the California Environmental Quality Act.
- 5050 Wilder Dr. A, Sequel – Tentative Map for a Minor Land Division, an Amendment to Residential Development Permits, determination that the proposal is exempt from the requirements of CEQA.
John Leopold Constituents Meeting is Wednesday, April 24 at 5:30 pm at Discover Hope Church 4001 Granite Creek Rd., in Scotts Valley.
The County In-Home Supportive Services Advisory Commission meets Friday, April 26 at 1 pm at Human Services Department, 1400 Emeline Ave, Building K, Room 206, in Santa Cruz. Click HERE for the agenda.
City of Santa Cruz
The City Parks & Recreation Commission Special Meeting is Monday, April 22 at 4 pm at Santa Cruz City Council Chambers, 809 Center Street in Santa Cruz. Click HERE for the agenda. This meeting is to review the proposed fiscal year 2020 Parks & Recreation Department budget as submitted.
The Santa Cruz City Council meets Tuesday, April 23 at 10 am at Santa Cruz City Council Chambers, 809 Center Street in Santa Cruz. Click HERE for the agenda. Agenda items include:
10 am – Closed Session
- Conferences with legal council and labor negotiators
11:30 am – Consent Agenda
- Gateway Encampment Closure – Motion to: (1) direct the City Manager to implement the City Council-approved Standard Operating Procedures for a permanent closure of the Gateway Encampment with a target closure date of April 30, 2019 and coinciding with the opening of the 1220 River Street Camp; and, (2) convert any temporary relocation of the Gateway Encampment under the existing Council-directed Site Management Plan to this permanent closure and alternate shelter sites.
- Cannabis Policies and Regulations
- Amendments to General Plan and Local Coastal Program (PL)
7 pm – Oral Communications
The Santa Cruz Metro Board of Directors meets Friday, April 26 at 9 am at Scotts Valley City Council Chambers, 1 Civic Center Drive, in Scotts Valley. The agenda will be available HERE 72 hours before the meeting.
City of Capitola
The Capitola City Council meets Thursday, April 25 at 7 pm at Capitola City Council Chambers, 420 Capitola Ave, in Capitola. Click HERE for the agenda. Agenda items include:
- Consider options for banning flavored tobacco/vaping products
- Public hearing on the proposed City Fee Schedule for Fiscal Year 2019/2020
City of Watsonville
The Watsonville City Council meets Tuesday, April 23 at 4:30 pm at Watsonville City Council Chambers 275 Main Street, Top Floor in Watsonville. Click HERE for the agenda.
The Santa Cruz Port Commission meets Tuesday, April 23 at 7 pm at the Harbor Public Meeting Room, 365A Lake Avenue, in Santa Cruz. Click HERE for the agenda.
The Groundwater Sustainability Plan Advisory Committee meets Wednesday, April 24 at 5 pm at Simpkins Family Swim Center, 979 17th Ave, in Santa Cruz. Click HERE for the agenda.
- The Santa Cruz Mid-County Groundwater Agency (MGA) will analyze groundwater sustainability questions and make policy recommendations to the MGA Board in our effort to achieve regional groundwater sustainability in the Santa Cruz Mid-County basin.
The Santa Margarita Groundwater Agency Board meeting scheduled for Thursday, April 25 is CANCELLED due to lack of agenda items.