County of Santa Cruz
The County Board of Supervisors meets Tuesday, October 22 at 9:00 am at the Board of Supervisors Chambers, County Government Center, 701 Ocean St # 500A, in Santa Cruz. Click HERE for the agenda. Agenda items include:
- Accept and file report on Climate Action Manager position and direct staff to return to the Board with a position description, salary information, funding options and recruitment plan in January 2020, as recommended by the County Administrative Officer.
- Defer to November 19, 2019 report on Accessory Dwelling Unit programs, including the ADU Forgivable Loan Program, the My House My Home Program and the ADU Fee Waiver Program, as recommended by the Planning Director.
- Defer to November 5, 2019, proposed Litter and Pollution Reduction ordinance, as recommended by the Deputy CAO, Director of Public Works.
- Defer to on or before December 10, 2019, report on feasibility of designing and constructing a safe crossing of Highway 1 in the community of Davenport, as recommended by the Deputy CAO, Director of Public Works.
- Consider presentation on proposed revisions to the Affordable Housing Guidelines, as outlined in the memorandum of the Planning Director.
- Public hearing to consider Application 171179, a proposal to amend the General Plan land use designation and zoning from Community Commercial/C-2 to Service Commercial/C-4 and to construct an automobile dealership with a service facility [Nissan], including consideration of adoption of a Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program and a Statement of Overriding Considerations, and certification of a Final Environmental Impact Report, as outlined in the memorandum of the Planning Director.
- Consider ordinance adding Chapter 2.125 to the Santa Cruz County Code to create a Syringe Services Program Advisory Commission, and schedule the ordinance for second reading and final adoption on November 5, 2019, as outlined in the memorandum of the Director of Health Services.
- Consider engineer’s report for increased assessment rates for County Service Area (CSA) No. 48, consider Resolution of Intention to Levy Assessment within CSA 48, schedule a public hearing for January 14, 2020, at 9:00 a.m. or thereafter, and take related actions, as outlined in the memorandum of the Director of General Services.